Supporting Our Parish
The information given below can also be downloaded as a handy PDF
by clicking this link: Supporting Our Parish
Why support our Parish?
Our Parish does not receive any funding from elsewhere and therefore relies on Parishioners to fund its day-to-day running.
We are grateful to the many parishioners who, understanding this, generously support our Parish financially.
- How can you support our Parish?
- Monthly standing orders: payable through your bank, the monthly standing order is an easy way to donate to the Parish on a monthly basis. A good rule of thumb is to decide what weekly donation you would like to make and multiply this by 4.5.
- Weekly planned giving envelopes: using a pack of dated envelopes for each Sunday and for Special Collections, which we can supply on request.
- Justgiving website: using this link Just Giving you are able to make regular and ad hoc donations to the Parish, online.
- Justgiving by mobile: simply by texting 70070 you will be able to make donations to the Parish from your mobile phone. The amount you give has to be £1, £2, £3, £4, £5 or £10. Example: to give £5 just text SVDP63 £5 to 70070. You will receive a text reply from JustTextGiving confirming your gift . You will also be given the ability to gift aid your donation. All of your donation goes to the Parish. The text donations are charged to your mobile phone bill or taken from your pay as you go credit.
- When can you support our Parish?
- Weekly Mass: donations at Mass form our most significant source of funding for the day-to-day running of the Parish.
- Shopping online: you could support the Parish when completing your food shop online, for example. Simply log onto our easyfundraising page, register your details and save the page to your browser. Then whenever you shop online go through the Easy Fundraising webpage and choose your retailer; all major retailers are on the site. In this way you can nominate the Parish to receive 2.5% of the value of goods you buy online, and it is no extra cost to you.
- One-off donations: many of our Parishioners like to make one-off donations over the course of the year.
- Your Will: some Parishioners leave legacies to the Parish. This gives significant help towards special works and one-off items. Please contact our office (below) for the appropriate wording.
- Gift Aid:
However you choose to donate to the Parish, Gift Aid increases the value of your donation. If you are a UK taxpayer, you are able to participate in Gift Aid. For every £1 you donate, the Parish will receive an additional 25p, refunded by the Government from income tax you have paid. Please complete and return the Gift Aid form.
To request weekly envelopes or forms relating to the Bank Standing Order or Gift Aid Declaration, please contact our parish office